Bright Futures Reinstatement/Restoration
An eligible student who did not receive a Bright Futures disbursement during the previous academic year and would now like to apply for the reinstatement of the award.
A one-time opportunity to restore the Bright Futures scholarship is available if:
• A student did not meet at least the 2.75 GPA renewal requirement but DID meet the hours renewal requirement during the first year of funding.
• Student was initially eligible for a Florida Academic Scholarship award, but then dropped to Florida Medallion Scholarship award eligibility due to not meeting the 3.0 renewal GPA requirement.
A student who fails to meet the minimum earned hours requirement in ANY academic year renewal period (end of spring term), will NOT be permitted a restoration opportunity.
Students Eligible for Restoration
Students eligible for restoration can use one of the following options to restore the award:
- Take summer classes to raise the overall GPA to the minimum required to meet renewal.
- Summer courses taken at UCF will be reported systematically to the Florida Department of Education, Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA).
- For summer transient courses, the Bright Futures Renewal Re-Evaluation Form must be completed and submitted to our office to request the grades and hours to be reported to OSFA.
- Raise overall cumulative GPA above the renewal requirement before the fall term for which the student is seeking funding. If student is not able to restore eligibility with summer courses, then the student must wait until the end of the following renewal period (end of spring or summer) to apply for restoration. Student will have to submit a Reinstatement/Restoration Application.
Renewal Requirement Not Met
|GPA||Eligible to Apply for One-Time Restoration only if failure to renew occurred at the end of the student’s first year of funding|
|Hours||Not Eligible for One-Time Restoration|
To complete the Reinstatement/Restoration Application go to: www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/
A Florida Academic Scholars (FLAS) with 2.75-2.99 GPA at the end of the renewal period will renew as Florida Medallion Scholars (FLMS). If the GPA is improved above a 3.0 in a subsequent renewal period, the student will restore as a FLAS, using the one-time restoration opportunity. Restoration of the award will be automatically and will not require the application.