Study Abroad and Financial Aid
UCF Study Abroad
The UCF study abroad and exchange programs are designed to enhance the curriculum by providing unique opportunities for students to go beyond their regular coursework and develop abilities that will help them become more successful in a globalized community. For detailed information, please contact UCF Abroad at studyabroad.ucf.edu
The UCF Abroad Office and the Office of Student Financial Assistance work collaboratively to assist students to reach their international educational goals. To start the Study Abroad Financial Aid Process, students will need to follow the steps below:
- Make an appointment with the UCF Abroad advisor to obtain information regarding study abroad programs availability, program cost and scholarships especially designed to assist study abroad students.
NOTE: Students must see a study abroad advisor BEFORE reaching out to the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- Make an appointment with the Office of Student Financial Assistance to discuss their anticipated award amount and how it can be applied to education abroad. For all study abroad financial aid inquiries please email: SFAStudyAbroad@ucf.edu.
- Apply for financial aid. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Check the Office of Student Financial Assistance website for a complete explanation of the financial aid process.
- Set up a direct deposit authorization in myUCF so that your funds can be deposited electronically around the world.
- Make sure you know your payment deadlines and how you plan to pay for your program. You may need to pay some expenses—such as application fees, program deposits, airfare, passport, visa, etc., before your financial aid is disbursed.
- UCF programs such as short term and exchange programs (students who registered their courses in their UCF portal) are eligible for Bright Futures, Federal, and Florida financial aid. Partner Programs are only eligible for Federal and Private financial aid.
- Most types of financial aid eligibility require a minimum of 6 hours of enrollment, including the approved study abroad programs. Please review the Program Eligibility Chart on our website at finaid.ucf.edu/receiving/pec for the minimum hours required by each type of aid to be eligible for financial aid disbursement.
Students who are approved for a Study Abroad Program at University of Central Florida, A Florida University, or Non-Florida (Private) Programs must fulfill the following requirements.
- University of Central Florida Programs must have the following requirements:
- A committed study abroad program on file by the UCF Abroad Office
- A program study abroad miscellaneous fee from Office of Student Accounts Services
- Florida Programs must have the following requirements:
- Transient Student Admission Application from the FloridaShines.org website
- Florida Consortium Agreement Form
- Fee invoice
- Class schedule
- Non-Florida (Private) Programs must have the following requirements:
- Non-SUS Transient Student Form approved by the UCF Abroad Office, Academic Advisor, and UCF Registrar’s Office.
- Non-Florida Consortium Agreement Form
- Fee Invoice
- Class Schedule