Federal Perkins Loan
The Federal Perkins Loan is a low-interest loan made through the school to help Graduate and Undergraduate students with need pay for their education.
The Federal Department of Education has extended the funding of the Federal Perkins Loan program through September 30, 2017 (Federal Perkins Loan Program Extension Act of 1015). The Extension Act establishes new eligibility requirements for students to receive Perkins Loans. However, continuation of the program will also be contingent on availability of funds.
Under the Extension Act the school can offer Perkins loan funds to;
- Students with previous Perkins loan awarded the maximum eligibility in Direct Subsidized loan.
- Students who have no outstanding balance on a Perkins Loan awarded the maximum eligibility in Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans.
- Direct loan eligibility amounts will be included in the calculation of the students Perkins Loan amount, regardless of whether they actually borrow the full amount.
- Students must provide the required disclosure before the first disbursement of a Perkins loan is made.
- Student must have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- If approved, Perkins Promissory Note must be valid.
- Student must be enrolled and attending at least half-time.
- 5% fixed interest
- Federally funded; supplemented by UCF funds
- Award amounts vary based on available funding
- Repayment is deferred and there is no interest while the student is enrolled at least half-time
- Nine-month grace period before repayment begins (see promissory note)
Students must complete a Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note and a Perkins Entrance Counseling. By signing the MPN, you are agreeing to the Perkins Loan Rights and Responsibilities.
- Perkins Loan borrowers are required to complete Exit Counseling at the time of graduation or if they drop less than half time.
Managing Your Federal Perkins Loan
The Federal Perkins Loan, combined with other need-based aid, cannot exceed the student’s cost of attendance minus the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is based on information collected from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
If you have questions regarding your Perkins Loan, please call the UCF Student Accounts Services’ billing servicer Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) toll-free at (800) 826-4470. If you would like to view your account, make a payment, change your billing address or download forms, you can log on to the ACS Web site at www.acs-education.com.
Federal Perkins Loan Request Form
Use the link below to complete the online Federal Perkins Loan request application.
Federal Perkins Loan Request form is not currently available
Awaiting new federal guidelines