FWS – Employer Login
Dear FWS Employers,
I hope the Summer semester has treated you all well. The purpose of this email is to help prepare you for the Fall 2018 term which is quickly approaching.
The Fall 2018 award period begins on Friday, August 10, 2018 and will end on Thursday, December 27, 2018. You can find these and other important dates on our website under Federal Work Study Important Dates
You will be able to verify Fall eligibility via the Employer Login begining July 26, 2018. Please note: If you have any pending Summer eligibility questions, you will need to email me directly as the Employer Login no longer reflects Summer awards.
Most Fall Federal Work Study awards are now posted.
• Employers will need to check each FWS students’ eligibility status both on the first day of Fall employment and after all of the final drop periods to review the student’s eligibility.
NOTE: If a student works before they are cleared, your office may be charged the earnings the student had incurred while being ineligible.
• If a student you want to hire is not awarded FWS for the Fall please, reach out to me so that I can review their eligibility.
The payroll percentages listed on the Employer Login will still reflect the Summer 2018 term since we are currently in the last pay period for this term. The percentage will update to reflect the Fall term after the first paycheck for the Fall 2018 period on 8/31/18.
Friendly Reminders About Fall Eligibility
1) To be eligible to work during the Fall term, students must have at least half-time enrollment at UCF.
- Half-time enrollment for Fall
6 credit hours for undergraduate students
4.5 credit hours for graduate students
- Transient hours are not considered for FWS eligibility. All hours must be at UCF.
2) Please remember that if your student drops courses putting them below half-time enrollment, they must stop working immediately.
If a student plans to drop or withdraw from any courses, they should contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance to see how this may affect their FWS award and any other financial aid they are receiving. Again, if a student is listed as eligible the week before courses begin and then fall below a ½ time enrollment status and continues working, your department will be responsible for the funds these students occur after they drop below ½ time enrollment.
3) Other eligibility requirements can be found at Federal Work Study Program Information.
Please be sure to post all available FWS jobs on Handshake
If you need help with your Handshake login, please send me an email.
To help you find the right students for your open positions, we have created a way to pull a list of FWS students by major.
• Please contact me via email and include which major(s) you would like included in the listing.
• The listing will contain FWS students who have not received a paycheck yet and provide an email address for you to contact. The first list will be available on 8/31/18.
If you have a student you have corresponded with and they were not initially awarded FWS, please contact me, so that I can review their eligibility again.
Remember: Before your FWS student continues working for Fall, they must provide you with a copy of their Award Summary and Class Schedule for the Fall 2018 term. These items can be printed from their myUCF account.
Never hesitate to send me an email if you have any questions!
Coordinator – Federal Work Study, TEACH Grant, Special Programs
University of Central Florida
Division of Student Development and Enrollment Services
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Millican Hall – Room 107