FWS – Employer Login
Dear FWS Employers,
The Spring 2019 work period begins on 12/28/19 and ends on 05/2/19. *Students will need a Summer 2019 award to work passed 5/2/19.
The Spring eligibility for students is currently posted on the Employer Login and will be updated every day at 2pm. If a student is not listed on the eligibility table, please make sure to ask them if they have:
- completed their financial aid ‘To Do’ list and
- are enrolled in at least half time
*If you believe that your student meets all the Federal Work Study requirements but are not listed as eligible on the Employer Login, please feel free to contact me so that I may review the student’s eligibility.
*Please be advised that you must check your students’ eligibility status both before and after the add/swap/drop period. Students must not begin work until after they have been listed as eligible via the Employer Login or by me. *
- If a student works before they are cleared, your office may be charged the earnings the student had incurred while being ineligible.
To help ensure the FWS student is a great fit for your office, please review the Employer Login often:
- Make sure to review your student’s awards under Payroll Data to keep updated on the amount of the work study allotment that the student has available for the Spring semester. This payment info will update on the first pay day in Spring, 1/18/19. Until the first pay day in Spring, the Fall data will continue to display.
- This amount is updated each pay day.
- Attached is a template for monitoring award usage throughout the Spring 2019 term.
- Collect your student’s award summary and class schedule once the student is hired and before and after the add/drop/swap period.
- Remember that a student must stop working immediately once they have reached their work study amount or you must transfer them to a different account once they are close to their award amounts.
- I will send one warning per student once they have reached 60% or more and then will not contact your office again about the student unless they go over their award.
- Always feel free to contact me regarding a possible award increase.
*Just a friendly reminder that the FWS Important Dates are located on our website*
Please, review the dates and feel free to contact me if there are any mistakes or changes that should be made to the dates listed. I do enter this information manually so there is a chance that I may miss something, and I appreciate being notified of this so that the correct information is made available to you and the Federal Work Study students.
Finally, I would like to remind you all that FWS students are only permitted to work up to 20 hours per week while in classes but can work up to 29 hours per week during school breaks. Students can work only one FWS job at a time. If students have a second OPS position on campus, they cannot work more than 29 hours combined between the student’s FWS position and their OPS position.
Fringe benefits will be charged back to the OPS account on file each pay period as necessary.
Please, feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Coordinator – Federal Work Study, TEACH Grant, Special Programs
University of Central Florida
Division of Student Development and Enrollment Services
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Millican Hall – Room 107