New Location: Millican Hall, Room 107
Bright Futures Reinstatement/Restoration
What is this application for?
Reinstatement application refers to an eligible student (someone who has not previously failed to meet renewal requirements for the award) who did not receive funding during the previous academic year. No academic transcript is required to be submitted with a reinstatement application.
2009-10 and later high school graduates:
- Students who do not meet the annual minimum renewal GPA requirement in their first year of funding will be permitted a one-time restoration in a subsequent summer or academic year renewal period (end of spring term).
- Students who do not meet the minimum earned hours requirement or who fail to meet the minimum GPA requirement after their first year of funding will NOT be permitted a restoration opportunity.
2008-09 and earlier high school graduates:
- Students who fail to meet the annual minimum renewal GPA or minimum hours requirement have a one-time opportunity to restore their Bright Futures awards.
|Graduated High School 2008-2009 or Earlier||Graduate High School 2009-2010 or later|
|GPA||Eligible to Apply for One-Time Restoration||Eligible to Apply for One-Time Restoration only if failure to renew occurred at the end of the student’s first year of funding|
|Hours||Eligible to Apply for One-Time Restoration||NOT Eligible for One-Time Restoration|
A student may apply for restoration the following academic year after the earned hours requirement is met and the required GPA for restoration has been met.
To complete the Reinstatement/Restoration Application go to: https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/home/ApplyHere.asp
Summer grades and hours earned after spring evaluation may be used to meet the scholarship renewal requirements only if the student has a one-time restoration opportunity available.
Renewal into a Different Scholarship Type
- Florida Academic Scholars (FAS) with 2.75-2.99 GPA at the end of the renewal period will renew as Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS). If the GPA is improved above a 3.0 in a subsequent renewal period, the student will restore as a FAS, using their one-time restoration opportunity.
- A student who earns the FMS award or Gold Seal Vocational Scholars (GSV) award in high school may not renew to the FAS award.