The Short Term Advance for Books
The Short Term Advance for Books is available to assist students with books and supplies expenses by “advancing” up to $600 of their financial aid to them. The students receive the funding via direct deposit or check, and then may use it at any bookstore to purchase their books. Once financial aid disburses, the Short Term Advance debt is paid, along with other university expenses. The application is available for download around three weeks prior to each semester, so that funds may be available on or before the first day of classes.
To qualify, a student must be currently enrolled at least half time in UCF classes.
Check the Bulletin Boards on myUCF for specific dates and information throughout the year.
- All "To Do List" items must be complete.
- The application must be fully completed and submitted to the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- $600.00 is the maximum for financial aid recipients, and must have financial aid in excess of their total tuition & fees.
- $300.00 is the maximum for non-financial aid recipients.
- A $5.00 non-refundable processing fee will be assessed and added to the balance of the advance. If the advance is canceled, the $5.00 service charge still must be paid.
Example: You request $600, you owe $605