New Location: Millican Hall, Room 107
Instructions for Uploading Documents
Tips for successful submission
- Make sure all forms are legible.
- Complete forms in blue or black ink.
- Make sure your UCFID is on each submitted page.
- Review your documents before scanning and submitting.
- Verify the file format, file size and file name before uploading.
- File name must end with underscore UCFID, example: filename_1234567.xxx
- Documents that require a signature must have HANDWRITTEN signatures
How to upload a document
- Documents that require a signature must have HANDWRITTEN signatures. We cannot process a document with a signature that is not handwritten.
- Make sure the file is in PDF, .doc, or .docx format.
- Enter the required fields (i.e. first name, last name, UCFID, Email address and brief description of upload file).
- Click the “Browse” button. A new window will open. Locate the appropriate PDF, .doc, or .docx file from your computer to upload. Once you have located the appropriate file, click the “Open” button.
- At this time, the file name of the document you uploaded should appear next to the “Browse” button.
- Once you have successfully selected your file, review the information on the screen. If all of the information on the screen is accurate, click the “Submit” button.
Document Upload FAQs
Can I upload all of my required documents in one file?
In order to prevent delays in processing, we recommend that you create one file for each required document. For example, if we are requesting Verification of Student and Parent Tax information, submitting all of these documents as one file may cause delays. The proper way to address this is to have one PDF, .doc, or .docx file for the parent tax documents and another separate PDF, .doc, or .docx file for the student tax documents. For more information regarding what documents you will need to satisfy verification requirements, please visit our faq page.
Do I have to use this service to submit my documents?
This service does not replace our existing methods of document submission. Students can still fax, mail or drop off documents to our office. The privacy of student information is important to our office; hence, we want to offer students as many secure options for document submission as possible.
What happens once my files are uploaded?
Once you submit your uploaded files, your documents will be processed by our Data Entry team (same process as fax, mail or drop off documents). Upon an initial review of your files, we will remove successfully completed documents from your To-Do List or mark the item as “Received.”
How long before my uploaded document clears from my To-Do List?
Successfully submitted documents will clear from your To-Do list within 3-5 business days. Note: The verification process can take approximately 8-10 weeks to complete.
I have uploaded my document but it has not cleared from my To-Do List?
If it has been more than 3-5 business days and your uploaded item has still not cleared from your To-Do List, it is possible that there might have been an error while reviewing your documents. After you have uploaded your documents, please be sure to monitor your Knights email account as well as your myUCF To-Do List. If there is an error found while reviewing your paperwork, our office will send you an email notifying you of that error.
What should I do if my document is larger than the maximum size limit (60 MB)?
At this time files cannot exceed 60MB, files larger will need to be broken into smaller files for upload.
How do I convert my documents into a format which you accept?
Make sure the file is in PDF, .doc, or .docx format. For help converting files to .PDF visit www.freepdfconvert.com
What if I accidentally submitted the wrong document?
All submitted forms will go through an initial review process. Any document that is not required for your file will be removed from our system.
What documents cannot be uploaded?
At this time, students cannot upload “Proof of U.S. Citizenship”. Students must come in to the office with valid proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e. U.S. Passport or Certificate of Naturalization).
Items on your To-Do List?
Visit the Understanding the To Do List for details on To-Do List items and their status.
- Log in to your myUCF Student Self-Service portal. Click the link that reads “Student Center.” Navigate to the To-Do List on the left side of your student portal.
- On your To-Do List, click the details of one of the “Initiated” items listed. By clicking the details, you will find information on what our office will need to satisfy the item on your To-Do List.
- Click the link included in the details of your To-Do List item. This will open up a new window that lists financial aid forms. Locate the appropriate form.
- Complete the form. Remember, do not skip any questions as blank fields may result in the delay of processing your aid. Also, make sure all required signatures are handwritten as we cannot process a document that does not have a handwritten signature.
- Once the form is complete, you are ready to upload the document. Keep in mind, to upload a document, it must be in PDF, .doc, or .docx formats and all pages for that particular document must be saved in one file.