There are very few Certificate Programs that are eligible for financial aid. Only course work required for the program will be considered in calculating aid eligibility. Disbursements will take place after Add/Drop and courses have been verified. Students must meet all eligibility requirements prior to disbursement. The eligible Certificate Programs are indicated below:
Graduate Certificate Programs
The following Graduate Certificate Programs are approved for graduate level aid. Students in these programs may be eligible for the Federal Stafford Loans, Federal Grad PLUS Loans and/or Federal Work Study Programs. Please contact Graduate Studies for programs that are currently accepting applications.
|Program Code||Program Description|
|PHCSC||Cognitive Sciences Cert|
|EXSPC||EX – Special Education Cert|
|REREC||ReadEd – Reading Educ Cert|
|EMHSC||Emer Mgt & Homeland Sec Cert|
|PANMC||PA – Nonprofit Mgmt – Cert|
|PAPAC||PA – Public Admin – Cert|
|RSADC||Research Administration – Cert|
|PAURC||Urban & Regional Planning – Cert|
|EITPC||Initial Teacher Prof Prep – Cert|
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress will be reviewed at the end of each term.
- Students must successfully complete at least 70% of their overall attempted hours in coursework pertaining to the graduate certificate program.
- The maximum timeframe allowed for degree completion is 27 attempted hours for graduate certificate students. (This includes all hours taken while classified as a graduate certificate student.)
- Students must meet the minimum 3.0 GPA requirements for the graduate certificate program.
- Failure to meet all standards of SAP in a given semester will result in SAP cancellation status effective next term enrolled.