There are very few Certificate Programs that are eligible for financial aid. Only course work required for the program will be considered in calculating aid eligibility. Disbursements will take place after Add/Drop and courses have been verified. Students must meet all eligibility requirements prior to disbursement. The eligible Certificate Programs are indicated below:
Graduate Certificate Programs
The following Graduate Certificate Programs are approved for graduate level aid. Students in these programs may be eligible for the Federal Stafford Loans, Federal Grad PLUS Loans and/or Federal Work Study Programs. Please contact Graduate Studies for programs that are currently accepting applications.
|Program Code||Program Description|
|PHCSC||Cognitive Sciences Cert|
|EXSPC||EX – Special Education Cert|
|REREC||ReadEd – Reading Educ Cert|
|EMHSC||Emer Mgt & Homeland Sec Cert|
|PANMC||PA – Nonprofit Mgmt – Cert|
|PAPAC||PA – Public Admin – Cert|
|RSADC||Research Administration – Cert|
|PAURC||Urban & Regional Planning – Cert|
|EITPC||Initial Teacher Prof Prep – Cert|
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress will be reviewed at the end of each semester.
- Students must successfully complete at least 70% of the attempted hours each semester in coursework pertaining to the certificate program.
- Attempted hours cannot exceed 150% of the Graduate Certificate Program requirements.
- Students must meet the minimum GPA requirements for the certificate program.
- Failure to attend or successfully complete any hours towards the certificate program in a given semester will result in SAP cancellation status effective next term enrolled.